List a few of your favorite quilting notions.
- the cutting mat, inspires me, attracts me every time, is indispensable, it gives me the start and the end of work, all projects are born here.
- the rotary cutter, very sharp always, or at least many times, facilitates work, makes accurate cuts.
- the Creative Grids non-slip ruler 61/2 x 241/2 inches.
- the seam ripper and the thread snip.
- do not choose the colors in the evening, always in the day light.
- I use to follow the first feeling about a fabric, and then I gather around it other fabrics.
- In the last time I love to use white in any combination. It looks so fresh and balances all.
- I ask my Romanian quilting friends very often about their options. Ordering abroad is not always an easy way.
- chain piecing with a very accurate and the same seam allowance for all the top.
- I love the crazy patchwork, piecing through all three layers.
- I have a big problem, I am awkward, so all the moves are "backwards" .
- I have a sewing machine just for quilting, so it is very easy.
- I quilt from the center to the edges, and I begin to quilt when I have two or three projects to be quilted. The more I quilt, the best the result is.
- I have a magnet on my sewing machine, for pins, and a bag for gathering loose threads.
Do you have free tutorials on your blog? Share the link.
- My blog was born just 9 months ago, so I don't have yet a tutorial. But who knows?
- I have three sewing machines. Two for piecing, Brother and Pfaff and one for quilting, an industrial sewing machine, Jack. Every machine is important to me, but Jack is so solid, precise and reliable. It has a big underarm dimension and a big table.
- I love the rig rag stitch, it's useful, decorative and solid.
- a big table
- a big space under the free motion foot
Tips for organizing the sewing tools, the fabrics, the sewing studio?
- I have all my fabrics stored in big clear plastic boxes. It is messy when I start a new quilt.
- For the cutting mat, I have a 34 inches high table, very comfortable for my spine.
List one or two of your favorite quilting techniques and a tutorial/pattern/book where you learned about them ?
- shadow trapunto from Geta Grama's book
Do you have a favorite quilt designer ?
- Geta Grama, because she is an example and a stimulus for me, talented, inspired, tenacious, careful, hard working, generous, nice, sweet and Romanian like me!
Would you like to share one of your favorite quilts, made by you ?
- I like almost everything I quilt, but the first pillow "Nautilus" made for my brother means something special for me. I had a great help from my husband choosing the fabric scraps, so it is a very precious moment in my evolution.
Do you have a favorite quilt, made by other quilter ?
What would be the perfect gift for your best quilting friend ?
- fabrics, fabrics, fabrics :)
- Never begin a quilt without all the fabrics you need.
- Never work when you are tired. You'll work twice.
- I'm blessed with this passion for quilting. I never get bored.
About me...I love to quilt for friends and family.
- I'm in a quilting group, QUILT.RO. I recommend everyone to join a group or to make as many friends of quilting. It is a way to enjoy life. That's all!
Thanks for the tips--I like your little thread bag on your machine!RăspundețiȘtergere
Wonderful ideas - I hadn't read the first comment yet when I decided I had to say how cute the little bird and thread catcher are. Your sewing machine set-up looks great for quilting...heavenly!RăspundețiȘtergere
I love too the magnet on the sewing machine, for pins and the bag for gathering loose threads but, anyhow all your tips are very useful!RăspundețiȘtergere
Thank you, Silvia!
Thank you for sharing your tips and favorites with us, Silvia. I am glad that my work inspires you!RăspundețiȘtergere
Uuuuu Imi place plansa autovindecabila...am si eu in plan s aimi iau una...si ador saculetul pentru capetele de ata de pe masina de cusut...Multumim ca ai impartasit cu noi lucrurile acestea....RăspundețiȘtergere
Love the magnet on the machine idea!RăspundețiȘtergere
Great tips! Thanks for sharing...RăspundețiȘtergere
Faine idei! saculetul si papagalul pe masina de cusut sunt excelente! :)RăspundețiȘtergere
o duminica minunata iti doresc!